Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

I have a first generation ipod, and its battery has to be charge

I have a first generation ipod, and its battery has to be charge within about 4 hours before going dead. Is it the battery that needs to be replace? if yes how hard is it to change it and where do I get this battery? Thanks

Thanks for asking your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be glad to assist you.

The issue you are facing is indeed a deleting battery problem. This happens over time and from all the charges the battery takes.

Can you tell me which 1st gen you have? Is it a iPod Touch?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All I see is kira strande tennis, summer 2004 on back. where would I find this info?

I know which one you have now. Wasn't sure if you were at first referring to 1st Gen iTouch or original iPod.

The battery replacement is actually very easy compared to some of the newer iPods. You can use the link I have provided to purchase the battery which it the entire kit. Comes with battery, tools and video on how to change.

Click here>>>Battery

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I connected the ipod to the itune on my computer and it says ipod mini. Is this the battery you refer me to?

Please locate which iPod model you have on the list and please let me know.

Click here>>>iPod Models
Were you able to identify which model you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

iPod mini (2nd generation)

4 GB

OK, great.

Here is the battery you will need. This kit also brings the battery, tools and video on how to replace. This one is also considered easy to replace.

Click here>>>Mini iPod Battery