James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert

I need to send a photo to a friend in file form as he wan

I need to send a photo to a friend in 'file' form as he wants to change the size. Please can you help with this?

In iPhoto, select the photos you want to email.

In the toolbar, click the Share button, and then choose Email from the pop-up menu.

To include the individual photo files in the email, select “Attach photos to message” (below the theme thumbnails on the right).

When you select this checkbox, iPhoto sends each photo as a separate file, so that your recipient can print the photos individually.

At the top of the email window, type the recipient’s email address (in the To field) and a subject line.

When you’re ready to email your photos, click Send.

Hope this helps!

Kindly rate me below, thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - sorry for taking so long. When I click on the 'share' button and choose 'email' a box comes up asking for the size. I do not see 'Attach photos to message'

Choose the largest size - this will send the picture at the maxmimum resolution so your friend can edit it.

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,