John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I have downloaded a song from the iTunes store and then synced

I have downloaded a song from the iTunes store and then synced my Macbook and iPhone and the song is in my "Song" list on my iPhone and it shows up in the Playlist I put it in on my Macbook but it doesn't show up in that Playlist on my iPhone.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Does the song play correctly on both Macbook and iPhone?

Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know. If you are satisfied but have not yet rated, please do so. Positive ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes and again, it is in my list of "Songs" on the iPhone but will not populate in the Playlist that I directed it to.

Ok,

Is it only this specific song or can you duplicate the behavior with others?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Only this song

Thanks again, and are any of the other songs in the Playlist also purchased tracks?

Try this;

open iTunes on your computer

connect your iPhone

When it appears in iTunes, select it.

You should see the device toolbar (Summary, Info, Apps, etc...). Choose the Music tab.

Remove the check mark next to "Sync Music" and then click Apply.

It should sync with the iPhone and then remove all the music.

Add the check mark back next to "Sync Music" and make sure your Playlist is selected that includes the song.

Click Apply once more.

Hopefully when it syncs back all your music, it will include the troublesome track.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know.

Thanks,
Howdy!

Thanks,