James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert

I tried to delete an App on my i pad. the screen went blank,

I tried to delete an App on my i pad. the screen went blank, came back on, and jiggled around. couldn't open or close anything. Screen went blank, no power and won;t come bk on. i had 64% left on battery. we moved i pad around on corners, held power on, no luck. Help
Hold the Power and Home buttons together (Home is the button on the front, with the square), for about 40 seconds, until you see the white Apple logo.

Then let go, and allow the device a minute to reboot. It will then function as usual.

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we pushed buttons as directed. Apple came as it was to. We have access now. BUT we are concerned with what took place and will it happen again. Also, would this be under our warranty.?

This was caused by a rare software glitch, that can sometimes cause the ipad to stop responding. I don't expect it to happen again, but even if it does, you know what to do now!

It is not covered under the warranty, since there is no real damage - you just need to reset the device as I just taught you.

Be at ease - your iPad is fine. It's just something that sometimes (rarely) happens, and you just need to know what to do - and you do now!

I hope this makes sense.

I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much. You saved us alot of worry. I appreciate your service and it was a pleasure.

It is my pleasure, I'm glad I could help!

Can you please rate my service by clicking one of the faces under my answer?

I very much appreciate your patience and business!