Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

how can I retrieve or change my password

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Was the WiFi router setup by you? Is it a supplied router from your internet provider?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was set up by geek squad last Jan but then the ipad stopped dead. they replaced it but I've lost all info I put on it I would like to get back on Wi-Fi but can't seem to find the way

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Who is your internet provider?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Comcast

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok so I assume you can connect via WiFi on your Mac correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no Wi-Fi is not picking up anywhere

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
So the Geek Squad setup your Comcast router?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes and now they tell me that apple can change it by going on the internet but so far I am unable to get the help I need

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
No Apple can't change your WiFi password. That is on your personal Comcast router if the Geek Squad set it up then they know the password for your WiFi, didn't they leave that with you? Maybe I am not understanding.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that is what I have been trying to convey I have lost the paper work they left and now I cannot get on the Wi-Fi this is one horrible mess and I am frustrated that no one can help me.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK I understand now what did the Geek Squad say when you contacted them? Don't they have that information? Were you ever able to connect via the Mac computer? If so when did it stop?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

forget it I am so frustrated I cannot even think straight

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
I need to ask questions to give you an answer, sorry. If you were able to connect with your computer previously we can look that up on the computer. If you change your mind let me know