Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I wish to rin a MS-based programme on my iMac. I´ve downloaded

I wish to rin a MS-based programme on my iMac. I´ve downloaded Paralells free trial version and installed it, and I have downloaded a programme named Brothers Keeper. What I cannot understand is how I open the BK-programme. Can you instruct me?

Kind regards, XXXXX XXXXX
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You have to BUY and install Windows on your Mac to run MS-Windows based apps. You can install either Windows 7 or Windows 8 on your Mac.

There are two ways to install MS-Windows on your Mac. You can install Microsoft Windows with the help of VMWare applications like Parallels/VMWare Fusion OR with Apple Bootcamp.

BootCamp installs Windows on Mac directly by partitioning the Hard Disk. You can't use Mac OS X and Windows at the same time. To switch between Windows or Mac, you have to restart and select Windows OS or Mac OS X partition to boot into it to.

If you installed Windows on your Mac using the Parallels or VMware appplication, then you can load Windows by opening that application. With Parallels you can run Windows and Mac OS at the same time. The best advantage is, you don't need to restart your Mac to switch between the Windows and Mac. Both can be run at same time.

Parallels Desktop 9 ($79.99) :
VMWare Fusion 6 ($79.99) :

Since you already installed Parallels, You need to buy Microsoft Windows. Windows 8 is the latest, but I think Windows 7 is better than Windows 8 as it is more simple to use. You can't run Windows or any windows based app without installing Windows first

If you want Windows 8, get it from here :

Buy Windows as discs instead of downloading online as that'd better because you can install Windows easily using discs.

Installing Windows with Parallels or VMWare is pretty easy. Open that application and follow the onscreen instructions. After installing Windows, you can install and run MS-Windows based application on it.

If you have any questions or would need any further help, please don't hesitate to ask and I will be happy to follow up with you.

Best Regards,