Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

I have a mini-iPad. (Apple). Apparently I have maxed out the

Customer Question

I have a mini-iPad. (Apple). Apparently I have maxed out the storage with download videos. I keep getting a prompt to manage storage. I had purchased 25 GB additional and it shows 24.7 GB available, yet I keep getting the message that storage is full and can not complete more downloads. I want to delete the old videos and I see nothing in the settings that lets me delete them. I did a wipe and press delete after viewing each one and apparently they are retained some where that has filled my storage. How do I figure this out and permanently delete un wanted videos in order to free up space? I've tried everything I know. Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 7 months ago.
Hi

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

On your ipad, let's go to settings > general > about

Let me know what is the available space listed there.

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1.3 GB AVAILABLE. 13.4 GB capacity.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I should clarify. By videos I mean multiple tv programs I have downloaded through I tunes. This is where I need to free up space.
Thank you.

Your ipad is now having a low available space for storage and videos would mostly require more storage.

When you download any music, video or app to the ipad, they go into the ipad storage and not to the icloud storage.

On your ipad, if you go to settings > general > usage, you can find the space taken up by music, videos and each of your apps.

If you want to delete all videos, go to settings > general > usage. Tap on videos there and swipe across each video from right to left and you will find an option to delete. This will delete all videos from the ipad.

Now go to settings > general > about and let me know if the available space has increased from 1.3 GB.

If you have deleted the videos and if the available space does not increase, let me know. We would then need to do some troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I already tried this and it does not work. I went to settings-general-usage and tapped on video. Nothing happens. The app indicates "no data." This is why I asked the question.

how about the music? how much of the space does that take?

May be the apps are taking too much of a space. So, try to delete one app. Let me know whether that increase your available space.

Also, let's reset the ipad which will refresh its memory. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

let me know whether that helps in improving the available space.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Forget it . I've done all these things. Cancel my request. I am contacting Apple directly. Thanks for trying.
Jan,

I am not sure why you rated my service as bad. I am trying my best to help you and please understand that you are rating my service and not the website.

We are taking it step by step. Please understand it might take several steps to resolve the issue.

Also, I am not sure what steps you have tried. So I have to try from the first. If you need me to give all the troubleshooting steps in one go, I can also do that. There is no need to go to the Apple store to resolve this issue.

If deleting the videos, music and apps is not improving your available space, then you need a restore of the ipad. Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad. Your ipad name would now be listed in itunes. Click on the ipad name and you will find the restore button.

A restore will delete everything on the ipad and it should give you all the available space.

Thank You
Vinod
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That is what I was looking for. It works. Thanks.
you are welcome..:) and thanks for the rating.