Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I cant get on my ipad, Ive put in several dif passwords old

Customer Question

I can't get on my ipad, I've put in several dif passwords old and new and wont let me on
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Justin! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this the 4-digit passcode/password? Do you mean you cannot use / open anything on the iPad at all?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer? Do you have the iTunes program installed/working on your computer?

Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yea, I can't get onto my ipad at all, and no I do not have iTunes, how do we do a remote session?
Please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=ba387997-b831-4fd7-bde2-c0cf2b828750

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It wont let me do a remote session
Sorry, what's the exact full error or message when clicking on that website?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I don't, is there a way I can just reset it?

I'm sorry, unfortunately, unlike Android tablets, Apple iPad tablet cannot be reset without a computer. Can you borrow a computer temporarily, so we can reset the iPad, then you can return the computer? Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yea I can, how do I do it or hook it up? And could I use a laptop? Ans is it going to erase my stuff?
Yes, stuff will be deleted, but did you have iCloud/backup enabled on the iPad? What stuff do you need?

How are you communicating with me right now? Which device are you using?

Thank you