James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert

question about I pad mini I was just given a new I pad mini

question about I pad mini

I was just given a new I pad mini brand new. and I have an eight year old or older dell computer, at the motel the dell consistently gets a good or great signal, but the vast majority of the time the mini does not get any signal They have to be using the same wi-fi as it is the only one showing up and the only pass word that I put in them. The mini I would expect much better luck with, what can I do to check and see if it has a problem, the dell is nothing special and has been used very hard over the years and I am luck that it even works.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I appreciate the oppurtunity to assist you today.
I will do my best to answer your question!

The iPad Mini's wireless antenna is smaller and less powerful than the one in your laptop, just because the Mini is much smaller. If your router emits a marginal signal at the location you are at, the Mini may experience issues while the Dell works fine.

First, I would reset the network settings (Settings-->General-->Reset Network). Once done, reconnect it to the network and check if reception has improved.

Also, I would suggest you take the Mini to another location with wireless (such asa cofee shop) and test it. If you still have issues, simply take it into any Apple store - they will replace it promptly (regardless of who the original owner is).

Hope this helps!

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,