Jason
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

hi ,I installed new apple download on my ipad and now I am

Customer Question

hi ,I installed new apple download on my ipad and now I am locked out , I am in Brisbane ,is there a number I can ring to help me get back on line Cheers Steve
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

You will have to restore the iPad to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPad, but you can later restore the contents of the iPad to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):
- Press and hold the top power button until the iPad turns off
- Connect the iPad to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)
- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" message
Option 1: In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPad and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
Option 2: Click the button on the top right of the iTunes window for your (iPad) and then click the Restore button.
- Once that is complete, right click the iPad listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.

Now your iPad will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.

If you have any questions, I am available to continue.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hi ,I connected ipad , it had I little itune thing there with a cable picture showing , followed the prompts now it has gone back to ipad is disabled ?

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? No extra charge.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yes please

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Thank you.

If you are using a PC, Internet Explorer works the best. If you are using a Mac, only Safari will work with this remote.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=0713fbff-4baa-46ef-8470-37f2c08a135d

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

i a using a pc with internet explorer?

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
Okay.

Please, click the link and run the application.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

don't seem to be getting anywhere here mate , is it possible for you to ring me ?

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Are you having issues with the application?

Please, try the option below.

- Please, click the following link, download that file, and run the file: https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true
- Then download and allow that remote app to run.
- Once it is finished, please, tell me the 9 digit number that appears on the top of your screen.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

all I have up now is join me on the bottom of the screen and when I click on it nothing comes up ,

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
On the very top of your screen, there is a small box with 9 number in it. I need those 9 number, please.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hi , is there anybody there please ?

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
I have been here. I have not gone anywhere. Do you see my posts?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hi ,THERE ARE NO NUMBERS ON THE TOP OF MY SCREEN

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
Okay.

Click the Join.me button again. Do you see the window that comes up?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I click on join me and all that happens is a little box comes up above the add bar and it says it is connecting but nothing happens

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Very curious.

On the screen that does show up, do you see any numbers?

It will have an address that looks like this: http://join.me/123-123-123
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yes there is numbers on the add bar

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Jason , why wont you answer my question about ringing me

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
Oh. I am sorry. I didn't see that post.

This site does not offer phone calls.

I can help you via this page or the remote only.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

if you wanted the numbers from the add bar , why did you not say from the add bar , also there has never been 9 numbers in there only 8 , where do we go from here please

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
No, not the 'add' bar.

I need for you to run the Join.me application. After you do that and start sharing, it will show you a 9 digit number on the top of your screen.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

it wont run the join me app , at times a window comes up saying tht another web ap is connected to the lightstreamer server and please close that app to unblock

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Okay.

Why does it not run the join.me app? Does it give you an error?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yes as in my last message

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
Okay.

The lightstream server has nothing to do with Join.me.

What error do you have with the Join.me app?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

i clicked on join me app again ,it says join me is all ready running ,use it or close it

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Thank you.

That means it is running.

So click the Join.me button on the bottom and it will show a small item on the top of the screen. It will have a few buttons and a 9 digit number. Do you see that?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

no , just log in etc

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
Okay. I don't know what you are looking at.

I think we are digressing from the main issue.

Please, restore the iPad again. This time do not restore it from a backup. Just start it off as a new iPad.

Once that is done, just unplug it from the computer, turn it on and it will work without a password.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

it does not say connected to iTunes when doing the above , there is a itune symbol with a arrow and a plug picture

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Okay.

Please, continue with the instructions.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I clicked the restore button and it says it is connecting ,but it does not

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for the update.

This is confusing me.

Please, restart your computer once and try again. iTunes may have a hang up from all that has been done.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hi Jason , I had to delete my web security to get it to except join me , the number you are after are 143-386-446 hope are still there, if so where do we go from here

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
I am sorry. I was not around to see that message.

I will be online and available for the rest of the day.

Please, let me know when you are ready to continue.

- Jason
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hi Jason are you there ?

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
I sure am.

Are you ready to continue?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

shit I don't believe it , thanks hey

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
Howdy,

Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

814-001-929

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

seemed to have lost you after reboot

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

are you there Jason

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hope you are there , otherwise all this time wasted

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
Hello.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yep I am here

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

969-461-817

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
Thank you......
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Thank you again,
- Jason

Jason, Mac Technician
Experience: Several years of supporting Mac systems.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

are you there Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
I sure am.

How may I help you?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I have my ipad unlocked from the store I bought it from , can you put my stuff back on it , I asked how he got into it and unlocked it and he said he hacked into it but lost every thing but I think you have it on this pc ?

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
Okay, what he did was just reset it.

Thank you.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=90e5b8e2-1252-461b-8511-1633ba36474c