Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Problem: No longer can synchronize between iPhone and MacBook

Problem: No longer can synchronize between iPhone and MacBook Pro laptop which I have been doing for at least 18 months.
Things I have done after searching the Dataviz Web site:
1. Updating Documents-to-Go. It is at Version 5.0000.13 now.
2. Making sure the iPhone was connected via wi-fi
3. Opening the concerned file (an excel spread sheet), making a small change and saving the document on the laptop.
4. Shutting down and restarting.
5. Registration #: 12863528-8100
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Just so that you know we are not Documents-To-Go support.
This is a pay for answer site.

That said, if you wish to continue please etell me what version of OS X you have on the MBP.
Have you done any updating recently like to OS X 10.9?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Macintosh version 10.7.5

Ok Jim, no recent OS updates.
Now, just to start, repair permissions, this will help overall and may clear this up.

Repairing Permissions

That PDF explains how and why.

In the mean time I will look into this.

This may not be the final answer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have repaired the permissions.

On the iPhone open the Documents to go app, since you just updated it things may have changed.
Once you have it open in the lower left corner may be double arrows, tap that and see where it goes.
2011-04-04_160935_img_0169.pngAgain, this is an answer byt may not be the final answer so please do not click accept or rate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On the iPhone I cannot open the Docs to Go like I used to be able to. Now it opens to a screen of the four icons (Doc, XLS, PPT, and PDF). There are no other buttons or choices. I used to be able to tap the top of the screen and the folders icon would show up, then I could follow the path to my file (in this case an excel spreadsheet.) now I cannot get past this logo splash screen and after about ten seconds that will revert to default application screen.

I have looked at the Docs to go apps and I do not find version 5.0000.13, I do find 5.0.3.
You might want to delete the app and reinstall it from the App store/purchesed items.