Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

just had new IOS upgrade on ipad and it wants to know my icloud

just had new IOS upgrade on ipad and it wants to know my icloud ID & password XXXXX which I can't remember. How do I find out my ID/Password XXXXX have them reset?
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

The iTunes and Apple ID are the same unless you have more than one in which case they are interchangeable.
I and my wife have three accounts, it can get confusing, and purcheses on all three.

It is the same for iCloud, it uses the same ID and password XXXXX keep it simple, if one had seperate IDs for iTines, iCloud and Apple ID look at the mess that would make.

Use the Apple/iTunes ID and if you forgot your password XXXXX will send you an email on how to fix that.
If you have a Mac computer then it will be stored in KeyChain.

Does that help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

apparently then I have forgotten either my apple id or password XXXXX both. I can't get past the 'activiate ipad' screen on my ipad, but do have access to a desktop - how/who do i contact to get this information or to get them to reset my id or password?

In that case plug it into the desktop. Assuming that it has iTunes and your iTunes account.
This is the support page for the Apple ID.

Here is the iPad users guide, in it will be lots of stuff about what and how.

Should you want Apple phone support with the Apple ID this number will get you there, it starts with a recording so please take your time.
800.275.2273

Hope that helps.