Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

I am using Dragon Dictate for Mac on Apple with OS 9 . I am

I am using Dragon Dictate for Mac on Apple with OS 9 . I am using LG 730 as microphone but the computer keeps reminding me that the microphone is not connected. Why?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Are you using LG HBS730 micro phone which is a blue tooth one ? Did you installed it correctly ? Can you use that mic with other applications ?

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it works with other applications.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Good, then you need to add your microphone as an Audio Source on dragon dictate's profile. Please click here to see how to do it.

If you have any problem following the instructions on that document, let me know on which phase you are facing problems.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did add it but it still says that I am not connected

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Did you checked the Adding a Bluetooth Microphone to a Dragon Dictate Profile section of the document I suggested you ? You should select internal microphone to add a bluetooth mic.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes and now I have gone system preference and added the LG 730

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Okay, Once the Bluetooth microphone has been paired and chosen, you need to open Dragon Dictate and go through the process of adding a new User Profile or new Audio Source based on this microphone, but with one important exception – Dragon Dictate only recognizes USB microphones and the internal microphone. So you must select “Internal Microphone” as the audio source.

In addition to selecting “Internal Microphone” as the selected microphone,
you must give it a name.

Regards
Jins

Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did not select internal mic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The last thing you said worked. I used "internal Mic"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I named in LG 730 mic and that worked . Many thanks 100%

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Happy to hear it worked. Thank you very much for the positive rating and the bonus. Remember me, when you need any assistance again. Your business is very valuable for us. You can ask a question directly to me by going to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-jinsmn/ Now let me file this question as closed.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You saved this 80 year old from premature senility or worse.