Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I have eyetv 250 from Elegato and an Imac. Comcast gave me

I have eyetv 250 from Elegato and an Imac. Comcast gave me a Universal Digital Transport Adaptor. There is nowhere to plug into the imac from the adaptor. completely lost. Want to watch cable on this imac as I used to with the eyetv device. Thanks,, Keith
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Comcast assumes that you have a coaxial connection to plug it into and you do. The Elgato has the cable input built-in. Just connect it like to a TV and the USB goes to the iMac.

Bottom image shows it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. That is correct and what I have done. When TV's went all digital in October, Elegato stopped working. Comcast sent me a digital Transport adaptor with a cable port and said that I do not need apple tv BUT there is nothing to plug from the adaptor to the imac OR from the adaptor to EYETV to Imac. They sent HDMI cables?

The converter they said gives a digital picture and they sent a remote. It is 1.99 per month. So I have no clue how to do this.

Ok, I see now. I think that you go from the wall to the adaptor, from the adaptor to the Elgato all using coaxial cable.
The adaptor should have come with a cable so it goes in between the wall and the Elgato.
According to the setup I am looking at.