James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert
24111805

Since I changed to Maverick my Apple Menu logo doesnt appear

Since I changed to Maverick my Apple Menu logo doesn't appear on the menu bar unless I click over where it is meant to be!
Category: Mac
Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.
Hi, my name is James.

Please:

1. Push and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
2. Click Cancel.
3. Reboot the computer.

Is the Apple logo back?

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No James, I am afraid it isn't. Julian

Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.
Hi Julian, let's try something else.

Open a Terminal windows.

Type in this command, exactly:

mv ~/L*/Application\ Support/Dock/*.db ~/Desktop

There is a space before the first ~
Another space between \ and S
Another space before the second ~
No other spaces!

Hit Enter, and again reboot the computer.

Any change?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

What is "a terminal window" and how do I find it? Thanks, Julian

Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.
Sorry Julian, I should have explained.

Terminal is an application that allows you to type commands.
In FInder (magnifying glass, top right), type: terminal
Click the Terminal app on the list.

Then type my command in the window that opens.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Well James. When I type "terminal" in Finder I get Kinds:Terminal Settings. When I select this I get nothing! The good news is that the Apple Logo has appeared!

Best wishes, Julian.

Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.
That's good enough then! The settings should now stick and be permanent.

I'm glad I could help!

Can you please rate my service by clicking one of the faces under my answer?

I very much appreciate your patience and business!

Thanks,

James.
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience: Mac Expert