Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I got a new mac that was restored for my older mac. I installed

I got a new mac that was restored for my older mac. I installed Rosetta Stone on the old one, now I want to use it on my new mac. Even though it was restored/transfered the icon didn't show up, so i put in the install disk and the program open, but there are issues.

It won't let me activate.
It won't find the microphones
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Can you fill in some detail please.
What version of OS X did you have and what is it now?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

What's the latest that just came out, thats what it is.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Version 10.9

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
That helps explain why Rosetta doesn't work, it is no longer supported.
Ever since Lion Rosetta has been dropped, all software that runs on Macs now has to be written forn the newer OS X.
What that means is many people, like yourself, have older software that was trusted and did the job as designed.
Much of it is dead, period.
However, this is not true of the headset that you are trying to use. It is a USB input device and as such should work with more than one application.

Look in the Apple menu in 'About this Mac'.
It will show you which version of OS X you have, click on More Info and scroll to USB, it should list all USB devices that are connected.
graphic

graphic

Click on System Report and then.
graphic

Look for the headset and let me know what you find please Phil.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I have the headset working, just not in Rosetta

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
By Rosetta do you mean the language software?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Yes. Rosetta Stone Language Learning Software.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
Now I am seeing the problem.
This seems to work for many running Lion with the same issue, I suggest trying it.
Since Mavericks is so new much of the software has not had time to adjust, this may be one of them.

What version of Rosetta do you have?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I don't know and it doesn't say anywhere. On program settings you can check for updates. When you click it says "Currently up to date." No version is listed. I know it is 3.something.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I'm doing their upgrade to version 4, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.
I do have a few suggestions that may help. Please follow them in order and step by step for maximum effect.
This PDF explains about permissions and how to fix them.

Repairing Permissions

That could be all it needs but.

This may help also.

1. Trash the old Rosetta Stone app

2. Install the 4.5.5 update

3. Restart my mac

4. Run Rosetta Stone again and re-activate

You may need to upgrade to version 4.5 to do the above.

It can be downloaded here.

Support - Install and activate Rosetta Stone Version 4 Digital Download (Mac)

If that is not what you want then I suggest this.

Go to Support - Home Click the eLive Chat.

Let me know.

Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.