Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Using Almond as an extender…for Network my iPad, iPhone and

Using Almond as an extender…for Network my iPad, iPhone and Mac all clearly see. However, Almond start up stops at "waiting for IP" and then reports "connection lost, could not find. Help?? Thanks h
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Can you tell me more about the Almond? And about your home network?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have wifi supplied by MediaCom . Almond (by Securifi…see website) is a router and range extender…amplifies wifi signal. My regular Mediacom wifi signal is seen by my iPhone and Mac Air…and I connect to the internet thru it. It also shows up on both my IPad, and on my wife's Dell laptop…but neither will connect to it. The amplified (Almond) signal shows up with a strong signal on all computers.....but neither of those two computers will connect with either signal.. I am perplexed..Thanks

I assume that you have two active Wi-Fi networks and they are conflicting with each other.
Turn off the MediaCom Wi-Fi. I had much the same problem with Timen Warner and my Apple Airport.
They were fighting for dominace, strange as that sounds.
Quite likely you will have to have your ISP turn it off in the modem as they frown on user intervention.
You may have a lable on the modem with the IP for getting into the modem, if so shut the Wi-Fi off and try again.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good thought..but I only have one Wi-Fi network..called Johnson. The signal extender takes Johnson, amplifies it, and called itself Johnson-Almond. Maybe a good idea to shut off Johnson-Almond to see if it is competing with Johnson…so you may be on to something…will let you know. Sent me a note back so I can reply with what I find out..Ok if we can't finish tonight…it is getting late where you are. h

You might have better results, if that doesn't work, by getting into the settings you cannot use with the screen.
This is the IP address
Use that and admin for both username and password.
Use Safari with an IE user agent.
I am in no hurry so take your time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am afraid you are beyond my competence at this point…I don't know what you mean..Ive gone to settings, looked at Johnson..but I can't enter the IP address or admin..wont let me.. I don't know what IE user agent means…sorry.. Maybe we should give it up…I am eating dinner soon..

Go eat Hal and I will break it down for youOpen Safari and in the preferences panne under Advanced select Show Develop in the menu bar.

Then select IE from the drop down menu.

Then type this number into the address bar.
Use admin for both user and passwrd to gain access to settings. It will show you lots of things including help pages explain what does what.

Try that and let me know.