Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Starting recently—on several apps—some words that I type are

Starting recently—on several apps—some words that I type are automatically transformed into Spanish. Sometimes I have to trick the app into accepting the English words. Maverick? How can I stop this?
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I need some information to get started on your question.

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Actually Mavericks is enough. Go to System Preferences / Language & Region and make sure your preferred language is English. Then choose Keyboard Preferences at the bottom and then the Text tab. Make sure Spelling is not Spanish or turn off Correct spelling automatically. Then choose Input Sources tab and make sure the Keyboard listed is English not Spanish. Let me know if that fixes it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The "Text Tab" was set to Spanish. Now it's English.

I have two more questions, one very simple and one that might take some work. The latter I'll ask as a separate question. But, can you now tell me what the multicolored Tags on the Sidebar are for?

Yes you can tag files or folders if you right click or Control click on a file or folder you will see the tags listed it is just a fast way of finding certain items that you may want to easily access but don't want them all in the same folder.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I MAY not get to that other question today.

OK when you can get to it just go here to get me if you want:

mikethemacmedic.com

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above. If you are not satisfied, please don't Rate to Finish and Reply to Expert and let me know what I can do to change that. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.