John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I synced mw Iphone on iTunes and it has changed all my contacts

I synced mw Iphone on iTunes and it has changed all my contacts to an old Iphone I had can I get my contacts back?
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 11 months ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Did you normally sync/back up this newer iPhone with this computer?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

no this is the first time I have ever plugged it in to this computer and I only just downloaded iTunes today.

Thanks, Chris.

On this iPhone did you previously have iCloud enabled?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I don't really know but I think I did. Is there a way to check

On your computer go to https://www.icloud.com/ and sign in with the Apple ID and password XXXXX you believe you would have used on your iPhone. Do you see your contacts?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes they are there but they are different to what is now on my phone. so can you tell me how I get them back on there.

Ok, good. Is there anything on the iPhone right now that you need to keep?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

just photos and a couple of apps

Okay, here's what you should be able to do...

on the iPhone;

tap Settings

tap iCloud

Sign in with the same Apple ID and password XXXXX used on the website.

It should automatically begin downloading your Contacts and other data from iCloud.

You may need to restart the iPhone once.

If you find that does not do the trick;

tap Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage.

See if there is recent backup listed for the iPhone. If so, this should include your recent photos and all apps.

Go back to the main Settings page
tap General
tap Reset
then tap “Erase all content and settings”

When the iPhone restarts, it will display the Setup Assistant. In the Setup Assistant, sign in to iCloud, tap “Restore from a Backup,” then choose from a list of your backups in iCloud.

Your device is restored as follows: Your settings and accounts are restored from the iCloud backup you chose. Your device restarts and begins downloading your purchased music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, Camera Roll, and other content.

You may be asked to enter passwords for iTunes, App Store, and iBookstore accounts to restore purchased items. If your device can’t download the version of an app that was backed up, it downloads the latest version.

Progress bars appear below Home screen icons for apps being downloaded. To make an app a priority for downloading, tap its icon.

To check if the information on your device is fully restored, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup. If a restore is still in progress then it will indicate this on the page.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience: 20+ years in the computer/Mac industry