Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hi, I have tried numerous times to upload a calendar from a

Hi, I have tried numerous times to upload a calendar from a project in I-photo. It assembles, but starts of upload, then stops. I locks up the computer to a point that I have to unplug it to get out of the program. It then puts a hold on my funds, but doesn't show as being charged on I-tunes.......its a mess, now have holds of over $300.00 on my account and 15 calendars
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok it is 10.8.5 (12F45)

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
OK I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi, ran the test, then did repair permissions. One item said warning, suid file, system library core is modified and will not be repaired. Also permissions differ on application I-tunes. Did the repair. now what?

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
OK So Verify Disk was OK in green type? If so quit iPhoto if open, hold down the Option or ALT and Command keys and start iPhoto. Check all the boxes and run Rebuild.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok, did all that

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
OK now attempt to upload your calendar again
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok, hopefully, not another $65.00 charge, lol

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
OK yes sorry I can't do anything about the holds, good luck
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok, it is stuck again. just setting there.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
OK don't do anything just let it go for a while
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I did, had to unplug the computer again.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Why did it crash? Or was it just working?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

no it just sat there, just like it did previously. The last time I just left it and went to bed. The next morning it was just sitting there as it was the night before.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
OK one thing we did not check was Software Update under the Apple logo if that is up to date and if it is not a complicated calendar now that we have checked everything I think the only other option is to rebuild it, sorry.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
I suggest if there is an update to let it go overnight again.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

the only apps I can see that may be related is I-books and Piximeter that shows the I-photo logo

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Update what is there then try it overnight otherwise you may have to rebuild it now that the iPhoto Library has been rebuilt. Sorry. Let me know
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am doing that right now.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
OK
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Now it shows an operating system update that refers to problems with ITunes. Yesterday I downloaded an update to the system, so that was current. Just before our reconstruction there were none there. Interesting
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Sometimes it needs to do one before another can be accessed.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Actually mine says the same thing it must have just come online
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

sometime today I am going to try to upload the calendar again. If it doesn't work that would make 7 holds on accounts. Yikes, will let you know.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Ok have you ever been successful uploading any jobs?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes, always, but you know, this is the first time I have requested 3 items of the same thing. Wonder if that is what is freaking it out. I tried again, and again it just sat there, but at least this time I could escape the program and it didn't lock up the computer.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Try renaming it
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

when I rebuilt the calendar it had a different name. I guess I will try to figure out how to transfer all my photos to a memory stick. Maybe I have too many and the computer is having a hissyfit about that. Thanks anyway.