Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Transferring pics from one Mac to another Mac

Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Are both Macs connected to the network at the moment?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi Josh, no, the Macs aren't networked. I have a laptop and a Big Mac

Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.
Okay no problem -

Do you have a Flash Drive/Thumb Drive? (Picture shown below; the actual size and design will vary)

graphic
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I do but I'm not sure where it is, if I cant find it can I see them to Dropbox

Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.
You could but it can be very time consuming if you have a lot of photos.

Do you have a blank CD that you can burn the photos onto?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yes, I didnt think about that! Then I can just bring them into my photo editor to work on them?

Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.
Absolutely!

If you burn them onto a CD and drag them into Photo Editor from the CD on the other Mac, they will be transfered over easily.

If you have any questions or need any help with the process please let me know otherwise please rate our session so that I am credited with helping you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

One more question, do I need to make a folder in the cd

Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.
It is not a necessity but I would create at least one folder or multiple if you have a lot of photos so they are not lumped together.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes, I have a lot so folders are a good idea, then I can just upload them to Photobucket for extra security

Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.
Yes, you can if you choose.

I would keep the CD in a secure spot incase anything happens to your computer as extra security.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I will, I know about losing info, when I moved I had a flood 2 days later and it destroyed all info and pics on my external hard drives, thats why I always upload them to PB or the cloud

Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.
I am very sorry to hear about the flood.

I hope I was able to help you with your issue - Please let me know if you need anything else!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

You did, Thanks

Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.
You are very welcome -

Please using the rating system so I am credited

Thank you!
Josh, Mac Support
Experience: 5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support