Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Safari is locked up on my Macbook and a message comes up that

Safari is locked up on my Macbook and a message comes up that asks me to update my flash player. The address is

http://updateflashplayernow.com

This looks suspicious, I can force quit safari but when I try to reopen the message block comes back.
It is simply opening to the same scam page just type google.com and hit return then quit Safari it should now open to google.com. Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I try to open Safari I get the message and I can't do anything else with Safari as though the scam message is blocking any action I take. When I hit the Safari drop down box the actions I can take are limited to

Services

Hide Services

Hide Others

Quit Safari

If i I could get to reset Safari I would but it's not allowing that

To open Safari without resume, hold down the shift key (⇧) as you open Safari. Safari will then open with the options you selected in the "General" tab of Safari preferences, options like your homepage. See if it got changed

Run Software Update if that works for you, let me know