Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

For several years now I have used iTuenes to purchase or rent

For several years now I have used iTuenes to purchase or rent movies and Tv series, for the last two weeks I have been having terrible difficulty dowloading either movies or episodes, When promt play it stays and says loading but after more than an hour i do give up. Yes i have check internet connetcions, reset reciever several time. But im gettig a little tired of this please advise.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 12 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

When your trying to use itunes and download videos / movies / tv shows.

Are you using an apple tv device connected to your TV? An ipad.. A mac, a windows PC,or and iphone or ipod?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yes for sure
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yes for sure
Expert:  Dustin replied 12 months ago.
My apologies Carmen for asking multiple questions at once..

Can you please define specifically which device it is that your trying to use when your downloading movies into itunes.

* An ipad.. A mac, a windows PC,or and iphone or ipod? *

Thank you,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Apple tv
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I do not know what is going on with my account
Expert:  Dustin replied 12 months ago.
Thank you very much.

Since everything was working fine and then suddenly quit.. What probably happened is the apple tv installed an automatic update and the update didnt install properly.. ( that , or the software developed an issue over time) Regardless of what caused the issue, what should resolve the issue is restoring the device..

The page below covers restoring the apple tv.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4367

Once it has completed the restore, allow it to download and install the newest updates.. And then, it should be able to resume downloading movies and shows normally..

If anything goes other then according to plan, send a reply and let me know and I will continue to assist you.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment