Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

Trying to make glossy photo paper greeting cards with Printmaster

Trying to make glossy photo paper greeting cards with Printmaster Platinum. Using my own color photos. In the printing stage, I go to More Settings, then to Resolution (Best) and quality (100) but the print quality is still quite poor. On my old PrintShop there was a tab where you could specify the type of paper you were using and the print quality was almost perfect - but I cannot find any way to improve the picture to the standard I enjoyed with your old PrintShop software.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

I would like to offer you a screen sharing session ( at no extra charge )

That way I can connect to you from here, we can speak in live chat, and I can go over the settings on both Printmaster, and your mac itself with you so that we can efficiently resolve this issue..

Would you like to start a screen sharing session now? Or would you prefer I try to guide you via written communication. ( Which by the nature of the written medium, takes a bit longer to arrive at a final result )

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I'd prefer written please.

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Not a problem.

First things first, whats the full name brand and model of the printer your using?

And also, your mac.. If you click the apple symbol at the top left of your screen, and then click about this mac. What version does it say you have?

Thanks,

D.S
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Canon MX 922 (brand new) Printing color photos on glossy paper in other programs no problem because other programs give you the facility of changing paper types. Can't find how to do this with Broderbrund Printmaster Platinum

OSX Version 10.9

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
My apoogies for the delay in responding, I was trying to research whether the new Mavericks OS 10.9 has any bearing on why your not seeing the paper type media type setting..

Question, what version of Printmaster platinum are you using? And do you know when you purchased it?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Version 6

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Understood..

That version wont give you that option on a mac. However, your not without options here.

What we should be able to do is try a couple of file formats.. To start, lets try this in printmaster..

File> Export as .... choose PDF, then choose the highest quality settings.

Open the PDF file, and then you should be able to print ( outside printmaster ) and choose the correct paper type..

Let me know if you run into any issues trying this method, if it helps at all, or if this doesnt help. And you and I can continue working together as needed, if needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment