Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.

My OWC Mercury Elite AL Pro external hard drive is experiencing

My OWC Mercury Elite AL Pro external hard drive is experiencing back up failures, saying the disk is "read only" I am NOT tech savvy at all, but I do need back up. It certainly did not USED to be "read only"!

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page. No extra charge.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I had to leave and as for "working" on the problem, I hardly know where to start. Yes, Jason, I have no idea how to bring about screen sharing, but you are welcome to go for it!

Thank you.

If you are using a PC, Internet Explorer works the best. If you are using a Mac, only Safari will work with this remote.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run:

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page:

Thank you again,
- Jason