Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

I have an iPOD Nano and have developed several playlists in

I have an iPOD Nano and have developed several playlists in the iTunes program but they do not get synced to the iPOD. The music is there in a list but the Playlists, which appear on iTunes in the Playlist listing do not appear in the iPOD when I disconnect. Please advise how to get them onto the iPOD.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPod. The iPod name would now be listed to the top right of the iTunes.

Click on the iPod name, and now to the middle of the screen, you will find tabs such as summary, music, photos, TV shows etc

Click on the music tab there and select "sync music" and then select "all songs and playlists". Now click on apply/sync at the bottom.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Vinod.

Your answer is so simple and it worked.

Would my difficulty have occurred because I hooked up the iPod before I opened the iTunes program?

Great to know that, Don...:)

It does not matter what time you connect the iPod (whether the iTunes is open at that point or not)

I believe you had a different setting in the iTunes summary page - which synced only certain items