Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

I downloaded the newest Apple operating system it on my IPad

I downloaded the newest Apple operating system it on my IPad mini.
It asked me to put in a security code--- which I never used before but I put in the one I always used--- on EVERYTHING.
The next day when I tried to turn on my IPad, it required me to put in the 4 didget code I supplied .
To my dismay, it keeps telling me that I am entering the wrong code. Now my IPad is disabled and I can't use it.
How do I undo whatever I did that messed up my IPad??????????????
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

I am very sorry to hear that. The new iOS update increased the security method. Therefore might be a bug which prevent you to enter your ipad.

Do you know your AppleID and password XXXXX used on this iPad?

If yes, you can do as follows: (Note: this process will wipe out your ipad. We will have to restore from iCloud or iTunes)

First hold Power for 2-3 seconds and swipe to turn off ipad.
Hold the Home (front) button while connecting to your computer.
Check your ipad, it will show the USB cable and iTunes. Release the button.
Open iTunes (if it did not open).
It will say that your iPad is in Recovery mode and needs to Restore.
Click Restore then click Update and Restore if it prompts.
Wait until iTunes done restore your ipad. Setup your ipad and use it normally.

Please let me know if this method worked out or not. Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do I know the Apple I Pad password? I put in the password XXXXX THOUGHT I created but it did not work. I tried it several times. I tried a couple other passwords I may have used. They did not work. After a while, my IPad became "Disabled" and it doesn't allow me to do anything.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

However, you know your AppleID? If yes, we can reset it. Please CLICK ON THIS LINK to reset your AppleID password.

Follow the steps I outlined and use this appleID and NEW password XXXXX log into your iPad. You will have to enter NEW password XXXXX your iTunes as well.

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO, I must have typed in something in error and I do not know the Apple ID

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

Did you download any apps or games on your iPad?

Do you know if you have appleID or not?

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no games. not many apps.

I will try another apple ID

get back to you

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

If you forgot your AppleID (Usually an email address), you can try to get a reminder. CLICK HERE TO ENTER YOUR INFO. See if you can get it to send to your email. Then we can reset password XXXXX your AppleID.

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. I now have a new apple ID. Now, how do I get my IPad to show something different on the screen besides "IPad is disabled" and the time ?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Excellent Pat!

Please do the followings:

Open iTunes (if it did not open).

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. Here I am. The Apple ITunes symbol and the cord picture are showing on the screen. I see progress here. You say

"OPEN I TUNES"

It won't open. I have tapped on it and nothing happens. Now what?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

When I say open iTunes, I mean you have to connect your iPad to computer. Open iTunes on computer. If you do not have iTunes installed on your computer yet, please CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ITUNES.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. I downloaded I TUNES to my laptop.

The ITunes symbol and picture of the cord has disappeared from my IPad.

It still says IPad is Disabled

Shall I start over?

Now that I have I tunes on the laptop?

Also the IPAD is connected to the laptop? Is this correct?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

Please do the steps over again:

Disconnect your ipad from laptop.
Hold Power for 2-3 seconds and swipe to turn off ipad.
Open iTunes (if it did not open).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You say Hold the Home front button down while connecting to your computer.

Check your IPAD. It will show iTunes

No it won't

You said power it off. Do I turn it on again on top?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

First disconnect your iPad from your computer first.
Turn off your ipad. Hold Power button for 2-3 seconds swipe to Turn off.
After your iPad is OFF, hold the Home front button while connecting your ipad to laptop.
Ipad will show USB cable and iTunes screen.
Open iTunes and select Restore iPad.
Follow the rest of the steps and setup your iPad normally.
Make sure to enter your AppleID and password XXXXX register your iPad.

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. I have ITunes on the IPad.

I have the I Tunes page open

Where is "Restore iPad"? There are several pages. I have clicked on the apple symbol on this website . It just shows a thin ipod.

I am looking for Restore IPad.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Please close iTunes on computer. Open it again. It will say that your iPad is in Recovery mode. Then click Restore.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I found a booklet that said I would have to sign on to my I Pad with my ID before I can restore it.

I am mentally drained. I am sure you are too. I am sorry you could not help me. I did my best to follow your directions.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

It is best to have an expert to remote into your laptop and assist you.

If that is inconvenience, you can bring your ipad to a local Apple Store and they will help you to restore your ipad.

Nick
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

I'd like to try and help you with this if you still wish to get it resolved.

Thanks,