Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I installed google drive on my iMac which worked properly for

I installed google drive on my iMac which worked properly for some time, but this changed and now I cannot access any of the information. How do I correct this?
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

On your iMac, please click on the Apple logo top left corner. Select About this Mac. What is the OS X version?

When you install Google Drive again, did you get any error message? If yes, please type it out.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mac OS X Version 10.7.5

Thanks Gerald.

Did you get any error message when Google Drive failed to reinstall?

On Google Drive software, when you run, did you get any error?

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No error message

My drive opened up

There were 11 items only one of which opened

Thanks Gerald.

Please try to Sign out of Google Drive. Sign back in and try again.

If not working, on Safari, go to drive.google.com and log into your account. See if you can open those items.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I signed out and then signed in again with no change to the problem

Thanks Gerald.

Did you sign into your account using Safari at drive.google.com and open the items?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. I'll try it again

Gerald,

If you cannot open the files on Google Drive with Safari, the files might be corrupted. You might use another computer to test.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I also have google drive on a MacBook Pro and it works there

Thanks Gerald.

Please uninstall Google Drive as follows:

1. Click the Google Drive icon, which you’ll find in your computer's menubar at the top of the screen.
  2. From the drop-down menu, select Preferences.
  3. When the Google Drive Preferences window opens, choose Disconnect account.
  4. After you've confirmed disconnecting your account, open the Applications folder and move the Google Drive icon to your trash.

When done, reinstall Google drive. See if you can open all items.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Clicking on the Google Drive icon, the drop down menu said that google drive is missing. Now, the icon has disappeared

Gerald,

Is this on your iMac or on Safari?

If iMac, please go back to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/drive to download and install Google Drive again.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know if this is on iMac or Safari

I try go back to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/drive to download and install Google Drive again.

Gerald,

Please go back to the Google Drive website and download it back. If not working, reboot your iMac. Run Google Drive if there is and uninstall it. If no Google Drive available, just go back to Google Drive site and download it on your iMac.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Trying ot install google drive does not work because "it it open" and cannot be downloaded into applications

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is not helpful and I wish to stop now

Thanks for trying

Gerald,

Please try this.

Click on the Spotlight search on top right. Type Google Drive. Then select it. When Google Drive runs, uninstall as I outlined. Reinstall again.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The expert replied promptly but his assistance failed to resolve my problem. Many different attempts taking over one half an hour were unsuccessful.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for trying but all the attempts did not resolve the problem

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page. No extra charge.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Screen sharing is a good idea to resolve my problem installing google drive on my iMac

Thank you.

Are you ready for the remote link now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes

Thank you.

If you are using a PC, Internet Explorer works the best. If you are using a Mac, only Safari will work with this remote.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=504171cd-28a7-419a-abfa-15cff079724c

All is now working.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help below.

- Jason
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience: Several years of supporting Mac systems.