Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Have recently upgraded my iPad, cannot enable Location Services!

Have recently upgraded my iPad, cannot enable Location Services! Why? How to remedy?

Hello Terry! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. This is a bug from iOS version 7. Please try this: go to Settings > General > Restrictions , and make sure it is off, or Location is ON/allow.

If that does not work, please go to Settings -> General - Reset -> Reset all settings, then check.

If needed, please press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

, then please go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset network settings. Then go to Settings, Wi-Fi, then connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks! Disabled restrictions, enabled Location Services without further difficulty. Shouldn't previous setting have been maintained thru th OS upgrade?
Great. You're welcome. Yes, most of the time it should, but sometimes there are bugs in any new software/update; it's not perfect. If you need anything else, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service below? Thank you very much.