James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert

I have an ipad mini. I was asked if i wanted to update to

I have an ipad mini. I was asked if i wanted to update to new ios. I said yes. it updated. but now all it shows is the itunes symbol and an image of the power cord on the screen. i cant tap it or move it or anything. if i hold down the power button it restarts and shows that image again and that is it.... HELP!

The picture you see on the screen means the iPad cannot complete the new OS installation on its own, and it needs some help.

Using the iPad's cable, connect it to your computer, and run iTunes on the computer.
You can get iTunes for free from:

Once you do this, iTunes will install the new OS on the iPad, and it will immediately become usable again!

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,