John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I have both a Mac and a PC. I have two gmail accounts. I usually

I have both a Mac and a PC. I have two gmail accounts. I usually use my work account all the time with the other as a back up and for personal email. I signed out of my work account in order to sign into my Blogger account using my personal email. Now my Mac will not recognize my work gmail password. However, I can sign in on my PC -- it asked me to verify my password, I did, and I am in.
This is maddening.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Are you using OS X's Mail.app to access your gmail or are you doing it via Safari?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

safari. I don't think I have mail.app. certainly have never used it.

i go to gmail.com , enter my user name and password XXXXX I'm in (at least I am in on my PC)

Every time I try to enter the (correct) password XXXXX for my work account (which is hosted by gmail, although it doesn't have a gmail extension) it asks me if I want to save that password XXXXX my gmail (personal) account. I've tried clicking both yes and not now to no available . It tells me either my user name or password XXXXX mt other account -- my work one -- are not valid.

I dont understand as I have toggled between accounts before, certainly on my PC. I hate Mac. I don't understand why people love them so!

Hi Pam,

See - I love Macs and hate using Windows PC's. Tongue out

Can you tell me what version of OS X you are currently running?

Click the Apple Logo in the menubar at the top of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

10.7.5

why would this all of the sudden present itself? I feel like its a One Google + Mac interface problem since my PC isn't giving me any trouble on this front.

Thanks,

I have more than one Google account and have had to flip back and forth between them in the past without issue so this is an oddity but hopefully we can overcome it.

First, let's try this;

In the Finder, click the "Go" item in the menu bar at the very top of the screen and choose Applications.

Open the Utilities folder.

Look for "Keychain Access" and open it.

Look through the list of keys for anything related to Google or Gmail. When you find one, Control-click or right-click on it and select "Delete...".

When that is completely done;

in Safari;

Click "Safari" in the menubar

Choose "Reset Safari"

On the dialog window that opens, all options should be checked

Click "Reset"

When it's done, restart Safari, and see if the issue is resolved. Try logging into the work account first, then sign out and try logging into your personal account.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I love you. Thank you. No idea what keychain access is, but it did the trick!

You are very welcome!

Keychain Access stores passwords. Every time Safari asks you if you want to save one then it gets stored there.

If the current issue has been resolved to your satisfaction, please remember to rate me accordingly when you get a moment.

I enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again by name at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question. You can submit new questions directly via the following page:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/