Matthew Gill
Matthew Gill, Computer Science Teacher
Experience:  I've programmed, edited images and video, and extended the Mac experience. I also read several Mac blogs.

I have a macpro 4.1 running 10.6.8 I have been away on holiday

I have a macpro 4.1 running 10.6.8
I have been away on holiday for 3 weeks and now my BOSE external speakers have stopped working for no apparent reason. If I switch to internal sound the machine speakers are Ok. There is no apparent pwer lead to the speakers so I haven't pulled something out accidently, all plugs appear to be seated.
Any ideas?

Matthew Gill :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you with this problem today.

Matthew Gill :

Could you please try plugging the speakers into a device other than the Mac Pro? Perhaps an MP3 player, radio, or cellular phone. Then, try playing music, or some sounds on the device. Do you hear anything via the speakers?

nothing on that either so it looks like a speaker problem

bah, further investigation revealed that there is apower lead and it was out, problem solved

Matthew Gill :

Awesome. I'm happy that we ruled out the Mac Pro. Are the speakers working now?

Matthew Gill : Outstanding. If your question has been answered, please remember to rate this answer so it may be closed. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a good day!