Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

I currently have 9 previously watched movies in the Downloads

I currently have 9 previously watched movies in the Downloads section of my iTunes app that no matter what I do can't be deleted. They are taking up so much of my iPad's memory that I can no longer download any apps or movies. Please help!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 8 months ago.
Hi

What I understand is you are not able to delete the movies from your iPad, correct?

When you go to the "videos" app on your iPad, are your movies listed there?

If they are, tap on the Edit button and delete the movies you wish to.

Let me know if that does not work.

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, they are no longer listed in Videos. Just in the Downloads section.
On your iPad, let's go to settings - general - usage.

Let me know how much space is taken up by the videos?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It says there is no data in videos but something is taking up 12G and I can't think of what else it could be.
There, it will list everything on the iPad with the amount of data used up by each. Could you please check whether it's the apps taking too much of space?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, it's not the apps, I have deleted all but Pages and Photos/Camera which both only have 200-300MB. I can't see what is taking up all the memory.
I don't think you have any movies, because nothing is listed in the videos app.

Let's try a reset. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Let me know whether it increases the available space on the ipad
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have already done that and nothing changed.
If you go to settings - general - about, what is the available space listed?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Capacity: 13.4GB
Available: 1.4GB
Thank you

Now we would need to try a restore.

Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPad. Your iPad name would now be listed in iTunes. Click on the iPad name and now, to the middle of the screen, you will find the restore button.

Restore it and finally, select the option "restore from backup".

Let me know
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will this delete any of my files currently on Pages?
When you click on the iPad name in iTunes, you will see two options - backup and restore iPad.

First click on backup. Once done, click on restore.

After the restore is complete, select the option "restore from backup" and select the recent backup. This will bring back everything that is currently on the device.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok so I did all that and my memory was restored but I seem to have lost all my VERY important documents that were contained in the Pages app. any suggestions as to how to get it all back? I backed it all up before Zi restored the iPad as you suggested.
That is strange! Everything should be in the backup. You have selected the latest backup, correct?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes
How about the photos in the camera roll? Were they all restored?

Also, have you been saving to iCloud?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes and yes.
If photos were restored, pages documents should have restored as well.

Let's log into iCloud

Go to

www.icloud.com

From your computer

Enter your iCloud user id and password. Once you are in, check whether your pages documents are in there.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. I did it again and they all returned :-)
Great to know that...:)

Have a good day!

If we are done, I would appreciate if you can rate my service.

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No problem. Will do. Thanks for your help.