Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

Safari is no longer responding

Safari is no longer responding

Brandon M. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

Brandon M. :

What do you mean it is no longer responding - what is it or is it not doing? Are you getting the spinning beach ball?

Customer:

No spinning beach ball. We used to be able to click on the Safari icon on the dock to get to our internet server for internet access and now it does not respond when we click on it.

Brandon M. :

Ok. Do you mind if I connect to your computer and remotely control it to see if I can fix the issue?

Customer:

No, but it is not the computer I am communicating with you on. I am on a laptop and the problem is on the desk top computer.

Brandon M. :

You can run it on there if that is ok

Customer:

How do I do that?

Brandon M. :

Do you have another browser installed on that computer? Like Google Chrome or Firefox?

Customer:

No

Brandon M. :

Ok, we won't be able to do it then. Try this - drag the Safari icon off the dock so it disappears

Brandon M. :

Click the happy face (Finder) in the dock. Use the Go menu at the very top and choose Applications. Find and drag the Safari icon to the dock, then try opening it.

Customer:

That worked. Thank you.

Brandon M. :

No problem at all. Please be sure to rate in the bottom right corner.