Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
70409726

How do I alphabetize my folders/files in 10.6.8 on my mac

How do I alphabetize my folders/files in 10.6.8 on my mac desktop
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 10 months ago.

Michelle :

Hi, and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

To alphabetize your folder and files on your mac desktop, click on View in your finder menu. Then choose Sort by and then choose Name

Michelle :

You may need to click on the desktop first so the Finder menu options can display. View<Sort by< Name

Michelle :

Please let me know if that does not work for you so I can better guide you towards your solution

Michelle :

.

Michelle :

Full Size Image

Michelle :

Were you able to arrange your folders in alphabetic order?

Customer:

NO. I didn't, Get your answer to how to arrange my folders only more questions.

Customer:

What command do I use to get the files on my desktop to arrange alphabetically?

Michelle :

As stated above, To arrange your folders alphabetically.. Click on View Sort by< Name

Michelle :

If you are looking for a keyboard command, then
Control+Option+Command+1

Michelle :

Hold all three Keeps (Control+Option+Command) and then press one (While all three keys are being held down

Michelle :

Can you please give me an update on if you were able to follow my above instructions.

Customer:

I found your reply. I am very sorry it was in my junk box. How do I rate you excellent.

Customer:

When I attempt to rate you none of the buttons light up.

Michelle : Thank you for clarifying. I was wondering where you went :) in glad it worked out for you. Please let me know if you need further assistance
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.