Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

I have authorized another computer for my iTunes but it isnt

I have authorized another computer for my iTunes but it isn't showing any of my music. I have iTunes match but that only covers a handful of my music...any tips?

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Authorizing is only meant for playing an itunes purchase or for downloading from the itunes store etc. Simply authorizing the computer will not bring all your purchases.

So we need to add the songs again into the itunes. Don't worry, you can download them from the itunes store, free of cost (if you are using the same apple id you used for the original purchase).

The following document will walk you through on downloading the purchases again. Let me know if you find any difficulty and I am more than happy to walk you through.

Thank You
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have authorised another computer before and it displayed all my music. The majority of my music has been from CD's so downloading purchases wont help much unfortunately.

Do you have access to those songs in some other computer or in CD's or in any ipod/ipad etc?

Authorizing will allow only to play/sync contents from the itunes store. You can read that from here

I believe, the other computer already had all your songs and that is the reason it displayed everything (including songs from your CD's).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks

If you have access to the missing songs in some other computer, you can use an external drive/flash drive to copy them over.

Or if they are only in the iOS devices (such as ipad,ipod or iphone), let me know and we may need a third party software to transfer contents from those devices to the computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have access to the computer but on its way sure I will be able to backup to external harddrive. Thank you for your does the payment work...will I need to pay £28 as I think that price is too high? thanks

You are welcome..:)

Unfortunately, I am only an expert and have no access to your account. They are dealt upon by a different department and you would need to write to them if you need a change in the amount.

You can try calling this number

You may also contact our Customer Support team at(NNN) NNN-NNNNfrom the USA or Canada, 0808-189-0970 from the UK, 1800-679-634 from Australia, 0800-452-621 from New Zealand, and 1-650-385-2899 from the rest of the world. Our team is available to answer your calls 24/7.

Or you can also write to "[email protected]" with the details and mentioning the following question link