Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

on my apple mac some of the song names dont show only numb

on my apple mac some of the song names dont show only numbers
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 8 months ago.

Vinod Menon :

Hi

Vinod Menon :

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Vinod Menon :

Did you mean when you open itunes, some of the songs within it just show numbers next to it, instead of the name?

Customer:

yes the music i down loaded to the computer

Vinod Menon :

Where did you download them from? CD's or from itunes store?

Customer:

from my own cds

Vinod Menon :

Thank you.

Vinod Menon :

Did you import them using itunes OR did you just copy them into the computer?

Customer:

copied them into the computer

Vinod Menon :

This is what happens. When you copy them into the computer, it will not be able to find the name of the song (if the names are XXXXX XXXXX in the CD as well).

Vinod Menon :

We can try an import using itunes. Open itunes in the computer and insert the CD.

Customer:

the names are XXXXX XXXXX cd

Vinod Menon :

May be the computer is not able to read the tracks within the CD. We will try an import using itunes and see whether it can read the track names. Let's open itunes in the computer and insert the CD.

Customer:

the music is in the computer already i dont have the cd with me

Vinod Menon :

:( we may need to manually rename the songs. let me see if I can get any software instead. Please give me a moment

Customer:

ok vinod thank you

Vinod Menon :

meanwhile, I would suggest you to open itunes. Add one song to itunes (which is having the track number, but not the name). Now right click on that song (in the mac, you may have to hold down the ctrl key and then click on the song). Now click on "get track names". let me know whether that gives you the name of the song

Vinod Menon :

have you tried that?

Vinod Menon :

you there?

Vinod Menon :

If the itunes method I described earlier does not find the names, let's try this software

Customer:

yes thank you very much iam very thankful of you helping me

Vinod Menon :

you are very welcome...:)

Customer:

ill try the soft wear too

Vinod Menon :

ok, if itunes is able to find the song names, there is no need for other software. In itunes, you can also select multiple songs at the same time and then right click to get the track names for all of them.

Customer:

ok you have a safe day again thank you you made me happy

Vinod Menon :

you too!

Vinod Menon :

If we are done, I would appreciate if you can rate my service.

Vinod Menon :

Thank You!

Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products