Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

Whats wrong with my iPad? It will not turn on. I had a charge

What's wrong with my iPad? It will not turn on. I had a charge of about 56% and I turned it off this morning and have not been able to turn it back on. I've even put it back on charge, but it is not recognizing that it is on charge.

Please help.

Thanks,

Denise Courtney

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Let's start off by doing the quickest solution first.

With the iPad plugged into the power charger, press both the Home button on the front and the Power button at the same time. Continue keeping both buttons depressed for 20 seconds or until the screen flashes and then let go.

Did that help at all? ( You may have to wait a few moments and then press the power button again to turn it on )
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I now have the Apple showing. And My Apple has started back up.

Thank you so much for helping me.

Why does this happen?

You are super welcome Denise.

The problem happens when an application freezes on the iPad. The pressing of both the buttons at the same time is a great way to always fix any issue, such as this.

Please, do not forget to rate my help above Denise :) You do so by clicking one of the silly faces and clicking the new Submit button.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason