John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

CANNOT ACCESS ITUNES UPDATE

CANNOT ACCESS ITUNES UPDATE
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Can you tell me what version of Windows you are running?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello John I use windows Internet explorerI have had the computer for about tenyears
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have had the computer for about ten years
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

windows xp professional

Thanks, Henry.

When do you receive this message? Are you installing it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello John,
Whenever I try to update any thing on Itunes it gets about 90 percent finished it then stops and says " The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"
"Try again,or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package ITunes Msi in theboxl below"
I do this and are then informed that "File not found please verify the correct file name was given. How do I do this?
Henry
Hi Henry,

It sounds like your install of iTunes is damaged in some way.

Go to the Control Panel and click "Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order and then restart your computer (this won't delete your music):

iTunes
QuickTime
Apple Software Update
Apple Mobile Device Support
Bonjour
Apple Application Support

If you have trouble uninstalling any of the above, try the following Microsoft Fix It utility to troubleshoot the uninstall:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Once you've completed the removal, restart your computer and re-install iTunes again. Make sure you download and install the latest release:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If you *still* receive errors when attempting to install/uninstall or sync after installation, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewall software you may be running. If the above does not help, let me know and we'll diagnose further.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello John
Have uninstalled all. Except iTunes so went to site as suggested and got this.
" trouble shooter cannot proceed". And" explore additional solutions online
I clicked and was sent to a defunct site
Hi Henry, I see you rated the answer since last replying, is the issue now fixed?

If not, restart your computer and try the MS Fix It utility once more. If you still get the error, stop any anti-virus or firewall software you may be running and try again.

If it remains an issue, Go to the Services Consol via Start / Admin Tools / Services (or just click Run in the Start menu then type "Services.msc" no quotes)

Go to the Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Service (MATS)

Right Click, choose Properties

Under the General tab make sure the Start Up type is Automatic

Go next to the Log On tab

Choose "This Account" button and type in "NT AUTHORITY\System" (no quotes)

You'll be asked for an admin user password and will be required to confirm the password

If successful you'll be asked to Stop and Restart the service. I recommend you do so under the General Tab.

Then restart your system and try Fix It.

Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know. If you are satisfied but have not yet rated, please do so. Positive ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,