John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

Last night I reset my Apple ID Password: My Apple ID [email protected] The

Last night I reset my Apple ID Password: My Apple ID [email protected]

The previous password XXXXX Andrew2523071987.

I canted the password XXXXX Andrew2623061987 and now I am unable to login to my iMac Computer, as I updated my operating system from OS X Mountain Lion to OS X Mavericks.

I went to bed and left the computer on as it was installing an update for launchpad.

Also I updated the latest OS softer ware for my iPhone 4 and I need the Apple ID password XXXXX complete the iPhone Software Update:

Could my Apple ID Password XXXXX reset to a generic password;

My Full name isXXXXX< I live at Unit 6,XXXXX Condell Park NSW Australia 2200 and my Date of birth is 2nd December 1950.

I would appreciated your help with this matter as I am only able to log in as a guest on the IMac and cannot use my iPhone:
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

I think you may have two have two slightly different issues here but let's tackle the Apple ID first and see if that gets you where you need to be.

Please note: I can give advice and information only, not successful access to your account. Due to security reasons, you must perform the steps necessary to reset the Apple ID yourself but I'm happy to assist.

You should be able to reset your password XXXXX the site:

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option on the right side of the page labeled "Find your Apple ID". If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: (Click "Manage Your Apple ID")

If you have successfully reset your password XXXXX still can not log in, you may have another issue so please let me know when you run into problems.

If you still issues signing into your normal OS X user account, after doing the above, then try the following;

Then, press and hold the “Option” key as soon as you hear the startup chime.

When the boot menu appears, release the Option key and and select the “Recovery” volume in the boot menu.

Wait for “OS X Utilities” menu to appear (DO NOT RE-INSTALL)

Click on the “Utilities” option in the menubar the the top of the screen and select “Terminal”

Type the following at the prompt:

and press Return on the keyboard.

Select the Macintosh HD volume and the user account. To change the password, type it in both places, and a hint, then click the Save button.

Restart your Mac and, hopefully, login.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know. If you are satisfied but have not yet rated onsite or in the customer survey, please do so. Positive ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page: