Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Hi, I just opened a gmail account. If I check email on my

I just opened a gmail account. If I check email on my phone, and log out, do I have to type in my email address and password XXXXX time? Really?
The only other option is to leave it open? Big battery suck, I'll bet.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you checking the email using Safari application ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I don't think so. I have a Gmail icon for the app on my phone and I hit that.

Hi Holly, If you LOG OUT, then Yes you have to re-enter the username and password XXXXX login back. If you don't want to reenter them every time, then you shouldn't LOG OUT.

I'd recommend to use Apple Mail application. Mail will remember your login credentials. On your iPhone, go to Settings then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars and add your Gmail account there. From now on, you can use Mail application to access your Gmail.

You can turn off the Push notifications, so that it won't drain the battery. Go to Settings, then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Next, tap Fetch New Data, and set the Push toggle to OFF.

You can also set the interval in there to check new emails. If you don't want your iPhone want to check it automatically, then select Manually in there.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Holly, One more thing. If you turn off PUSH in Mail settings, you won't get notifications of the emails automatically. You will only get emails at the set intervals or when you check them manually. Leaving PUSH On won't drain much battery. But turning off LTE/4G/3G and Celluar Data will save your battery. Also reduce the screen brightness to save battery.

If you have any questions, you can ask me directly from here :

Best Regards,