Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

Having problems with our time machine. We have four people

Having problems with our time machine. We have four people backing up on it and the other three seem okay for now. I keep getting message "backup not performed because an error occurred while copying files to the backup disk. The problem may be temporary. Try again later to back up. If the problem persists, use Disk Utility to repair your backup disk." I've done the disk repair several times now and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with my disk.

My last successful backup was Sept. 27/13 at 4:59 pm.

After the machine claimed to have failed to back up this morning, I went into the Time machine backups and checked the items I had worked on and it was all up to date. I did not try to restore anything from it though, so I don't know if I'm getting a false message from the backup or this is a false backup. The time line at the side shows the last backup as Sept. 27/13 @ 4:59, with the next item being "Now".

Our IT fellow here went through the set-up of the machine and we reset my password XXXXX he checked that all out, but it did not change anything.

Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 year ago.

Brandon M. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

Brandon M. :

This can sometimes happen with a corrupt backup. I had an issue similar to this in the past. To fix it, I had to delete my Time Machine backup from the Time Capsule. I lost my history of the backups but at least I was able to successfully backup again.

Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm