John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

Facebook on my iPhone tells me network error. I cannot access

Facebook on my iPhone tells me network error. I cannot access Facebook. What do I do?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your Apple device by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in.

Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top) and Home button (on the front) together for around 10 seconds.

graphic

When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

The next thing you should see are the Apple logo followed by the home screen a few minutes later.

Now, try Facebook. If Facebook is still not working, are you able to access the page via Safari?

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did the reset and it brought up my page but it is not current and won't update. Yes, I can access the page via Safari.

Okay,

in that case, the next step would be to delete the app and then re-download it.

Hold your finger on the FB app icon on your home screen until all the icons start to wiggle. tap the small "X" at the corner of the FB icon to delete the app. Confirm the deletion if asked.

Next, re-download the app from the App Store.

Finally, see if you can sign in and see your news feed as expected.

Howdy, Darlene!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,