Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

Im asking questions for a non-technical senior: Can a HP

I'm asking questions for a non-technical senior:
Can a HP wireless printer-scanner-copier be used to enable scanned documents to be imported to an iPad, so documents can be attached to an email?

Hello Bill! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Unfortunately, as of now, there is no scan to iPad feature yet; I believe they will have this feature soon in the future. But there is a workaround, though you still need to scan to the computer. You can download/install the Dropbox application on both the computer and iPad:

Then once you have scanned to the computer, then you can put the scanned file in the Dropbox folder on the computer, then it will upload automatically to your dropbox account, then you can share that file, and email the website link to that file:

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thanks for your answer that this is not available now. I understand your work-around and it makes sense, but, this person no longer has a computer (it crashed, dead) and the printer sits only to be used to print from a digital camera. For portability, the iPad seemed like a good way for a senior to go.

Maybe we will just wait to see what develops. Again thanks, Bill

You're welcome. I'm sorry about that. For now, I guess that person can get a cheap/old computer or laptop (even windows xp will work) if he/she really needs to scan.

Thank you