Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
70409726

Hi, I just recd an email from Apple saying a new Macbook

I just rec'd an email from Apple saying a new Macbook Pro is out- with the Maverick OS.
Is the Maverick OS also now available to buy and download into my current MacBookPro?
I installed 8GB of memory, so my laptop should be able to use Maverick. (I never bought Mountain Lion)

Thanks,

Holly
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 10 months ago.

Michelle :

Hi, and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

Hi Holly. How is everything going? Maverick is a free upgrade if you have Lion. I remember our conversation regarding upgrading to mountain lion and I advised you to wait since 10.9 was coming out. From my understanding, you have 10.7 is that correct?

Customer:

Hi Michell,

Customer:

I'm well. Hope you are also. I'm glad you picked up my question.

Customer:

Actually, I have 10.6.8OS w 8gb of memory that I installed myself.

Michelle :

Ok great so you have the app store already so you can download it from there. Click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner and type in App store

Michelle :

Mavericks should be the first thing you see.

Customer:

OK, I'll go there now. don't leae me yet :)

Customer:

that's Don't leave me yet...

Michelle :

I'll be here until the end :)

Customer:

OK, I see it. It says Free upgrade. I don't think I'll qualify for Free since i never bought Mountain Lion. I'm OK w paying, as long as Apple will let me install it. I'll hope for free, of course :) I guess it will talk me through anything i need to do at this end?

Michelle :

It does not hurt to try :) Click on free and then type in your Apple ID and password

Customer:

BTW- I downloaded the new iOS into iPad and iPhone. Don't really like it. As my son says, "It looks like a seven year old designed it." If they're trying to look like Androids or something, that's not a future looking way to go! Trying to copy the PC world is very un-Apple. I think you and I had this conversation too.

Michelle :

Yes we did. There is an undeniable difference is the direction Apple has gone since the passing of Steve Jobs. I have been an apple user for a very long time and I too have share many disappointments. I hope things will turn around soon

Customer:

Yes, I've been a loooong time Apple user also. Only have to use PC product in my classroom. I, too, was hoping Apple wouldn't change after passing of Steve Jobs, but I guess that doesn't seem to be the case. what a brilliant and innovative person he was.

Michelle :

He is surely missed!

Customer:

So, re: Mavericks, I'll just try to download and see what happens, right?

Customer:

Yes, definitely missed!

Michelle :

Yes. Click on free and it should then prompt you to enter your apple ID and password

Michelle :

If all goes through, it will begin to download

Customer:

OK, thank you. I'll close us out for now and try it. If I run into problems, I'll contact you. Lucky you lol

Michelle :

Sounds good Holly. I'll be here if you need further assistance

Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.