Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Bad video in Asus PA248T hunderbolt to HDMI from Macbook pro

Bad video in Asus PA248 Monitor - Thunderbolt to HDMI from Macbook pro computer has only pink video but Thunderbolt to DVI works fine.

Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

I would have to say with the info provided that the video card or Thunderbolt port is bad.
If the video on the built in display is good and you have used more than two adaptors then the HDMI cable is bad or the port is bad or there is a problem with the card connections.

Make sense?
I have had similar issues with VGA adaptors, twisting the cable made a difference but not recommended.
I suggest taking it to an Apple store and have give it a shot if possible.

Does that help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thunderbolt out of the laptop via a TB to HDMI cable doesn't work

Thunderbolt out of same laptop via TB to DVI cable does work

TB to HDMI in other monitors works fine - just the Brand ASUS PA248 monitor has the issue.

Is there some ASUS special driver? I cant find any on their site.

Does TB use different outputs for the 2 different video connections?

The TB uses the same connections regardless of where it goes, the difference is in the adaptor.
With that additional info it would seem the ASUS is not working correctly, Mac has never needed any special drivers for any monitor I have ever seen or used, plug it in and it works, if not there are only four possibilites that can be wrong.

1- cable
2 - adaptor
3 - video in/out port
4 - video card

In this case I would have to say it is the in port on the ASUS since all cables, adaptors work on every other monitor, yes?