Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment

Somehow, my google drive stopped syncing and the web google

Somehow, my google drive stopped syncing and the web google drive said to download the latest version. I did so, and when I tried to install it, it said a version already existed and to delete that first. I did, and it wouldn't install, saying google drive was still open. I deleted everything I could, and got it to install, but it now won't open, saying the google drive folder is missing. What do I do now?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

If you would like, I can connect to your computer from here and repair this issue for you in person, while you observe..

Or, I can assist you via written communication and you would need to carry out the steps on your own.

Theres no difference in cost with either method.. So the question is, which method of support would you prefer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

written would be best, thanks!

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Not a problem Ann~

Lets run this step first just to make sure t here isnt any underlying permission issues that could be causing this.

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions .

Once it says permissions repair complete..

We then need to tell your drive program, to locate your drive folder.. heres how.

1. Click the Google Drive icon in your computer’s toolbar.
  2. Select "Error - Google Drive folder is missing."
  3. Click Locate folder...
  4. Select your folder in its new location and click Open.
  5. Google Drive will reconnect.

If you get stuck or run into any Issues Ann, send a reply and let me know. And if these steps dont resolve the issue, as long as your willing to send a reply within this same conversation, I will continue to work with you until we have fixed the error.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I got to step 3, clicked Locate Folder, and it opened a finder window highlighting Users the GHFoffice, which is the main user for this iMac. It did not go any further. What now?

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
You would need to click on the username to open it GHFoffice , and then you should see a folder inside the GHFoffice page, that says just google

seletc the google folder, and then click open on the page.

And that should get your google drive folder registered and working again.. If you run into further issues Ann, let me know!

Dustin S.