Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I am trying to connect to WFSBs (Hartford, Conn.) slingbox

I am trying to connect to WFSB's (Hartford, Conn.) slingbox account. I have a log-in and a password.. and have downloaded and installed the slingbox plug-in to my mac os x lion 10.7.5 laptop. I have tried multiple times, and gotten the 'installation complete' message each time. However, the plug-in is not making its way to my library (it's not showing up under library/internet plug-ins) so when I try to watch WFSB I only get a message saying "There was an error connecting to the box".

Please help!
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

On your mac, what browser are you using to try and connect to the slingplayer?

Also, if you click the word apple at the top left of your screen, and then click about this mac, what version of mac osx do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Safari. OS X 10.7.5

Have you tried downloading and installing the plugin via Mozilla firefox..

And then using mozilla firefox, to try and connect to the slingplayer website at this link

If you havent, please attempt to do so.. If you do not have mozilla firefox, please attempt to i nstall it from this link,

And then once installed, go to the slingbox link and install the plugin if it asks, and then t ry to connect.

If you get stuck, run into any issues at all, or receive any errors, send a reply and let me know so t hat I can continue to assist you.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I downloaded mozilla just fine and logged in to WFSB's slingbox account using that browswer. However, it did not give me the option of downloading and installing the sling box plug-in once I was there. How do I do that?

If you logged into the account..

What happens if you click the watch button after your logged in.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I get a message that says "There was an error connecting to the box"

Same as before... Ok..

Question, are there any other users you know, who are able to connect using the same slingbox account your using, to that same slingbox ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They have tried through their pc's (windows 7) and it's working fine. I think my problem comes down to getting the plug-in to show up in my library under internet plug ins. I download the plug-in, install it, get the 'installation complete' message and then... nothing. No icons and nothing in the library. How do I get to a download screen once I am logged in using mozilla?

Agreed.. Mozilla should have prompted to install the plugin as well..

If it didnt prompt to install the plugin, then the plugin not being installed or not registering is definitely the issue.

That being said, would you mind if I connected to your computer from here, during a screen share session.. So t hat i can try and get this working in person?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure. How do we do that?

we would first need to make the connection, you can connect from your end by clicking the link below.

the session id / password XXXXX Sling

once entered, it will ask you to download a file.. Once downloaded, open your downloads folder and then click on the elsinore screen connect file, to launch the connection.

If you run into any issues at all connecting, send a reply and let me know.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok.. I downloaded and opened screen connect.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX and were discussing the issue within chat.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I lost my chat box with you. Thanks for all your help. I know you are almost as frustrated as I am.......

I feel strongly that, that slingplayer login isnt working outside of the network its on..

We tried from three different computers, 1 mac and 2 pc's.. I did try to find some free slingplayer logins on the web so we could check.. but all the ones listed were out of date and the passwords were incorrect.

Id be willing to make a solid wager that if we had access to another slingplayer ID.. One we that was working outside the local network. That everything is set correctly on your mac for it to work..

Other then that, I dont have anything further to add.. We did all we could.

The plugin sucessfully installed into your system library, it shows as installed on all three browsers.. Your firewall is off..

We covered all our bases on your end, and mine..

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Dustin S.