Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment

I have just downloaded Photoshop Elements 12 to my MAC and

I have just downloaded Photoshop Elements 12 to my MAC and can't open it. Help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will assist you today!

The quickest way for me to help you would be for us to start a screen sharing session, where I can connect to your mac from here, and then help you install this program in person.

Would you like to try that method of assistance for no extra fee, or would you rather that I try and guide you via written communication?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Let's try written communication first please.

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Understood Patricia, and not a problem.

First things first, I need to ask you some questions about your mac, at the top left of your screen can you click the apple sign or click the word apple, then click about this mac.

And then tell me what version you have.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

OSX 10.8.5 version

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Patricia.

And now, the Photoshop Elements 12 file you downloaded.

Can you right click t he file icon, then click get info, and then... Tell me what it says on the info window for name and extension ..

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

There is no icon, just a file folder

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Ok.. If you double left click the file folder for elements 12

What exactly do we see inside it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

It is a disc utility window with the exe file, download file and file download manager file in left window

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
You said EXE file.. Thats why you cannot install it.

You have a Mac, so you need a DMG file... ( not exe )

lets try downloading the file again from here.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements&loc=us

Once downloaded, it will download only a download manager.. We then need to double click the download manager file, to start the actual download of photoshop elements that you want to install.

Once the download manager has downloaded elements 12, it should then begin to install it.

( so its actually two separate downloads and installs you must do.. The download manager first.. And then we install that download manager, so it can download elements 12 and then install it)

if you run into any issues at all.. Let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Dustin, I have done all that. How about you take control and see what happened???

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
That may be best, XXXXX XXXXX has definitely went amiss...

Here is the link to connect us..

http://166.78.231.170:8040

the session id / password XXXXX Elements

Once entered, it will allow you to download a file called elsinore ( this is our connection software )

Once downloaded.. Make sure to open your downloads and then double click the elsinore file to install it.

This should connect us.. If you get stuck or run into any issues at all using the connection file, or installin it or connecting, send a reply as soon as you can letting me know where your stuck, so that I can assist you with connecting.

if your able to connect, please also send a reply so that I know your connected, and can then attempt to connect from my end.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

It says I can only use aps from Apple? Maybe I will try downloading software again. I chose the MAC download, down't know why it downloaded exe file

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

The apple app issue could be causing the issue with photoshop elements too.

So lets perform this step.

We need to go into your gatekeeper and tell it to allow all applications.

Gatekeeper options are found in Apple menu > System Preferences… > Security & Privacy > General tab under the header "Allow applications downloaded from:"

On the three choices you see on the pop up, choose Anywhere.

Then, try to install the connection software again.. We should now be able to connect.