John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

My nephew has an Iphone 4s His friend a 13 year old reset

My nephew has an Iphone 4s
His friend a 13 year old reset it and now it is asking for apple id and password XXXXX he already answered with no luck. His apple account was disable for trying it several times.
He waited to try again withno luck. Is there a way that you know how to get this cell to work please?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Can you tell me if this is the exact screen you are seeing on the iPhone?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. It is John
Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
im sorry John
this is what the screen show
Activate iphone
This iphone is linked to an apple [email protected] sign in with the apple I'd that was used to set up this iphone
Apple I'd
Apologies for my mistake
No worries,

is the Apple ID shown one that belongs to your nephew?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. John
It is in parenthesis
I'm not sure what you mean. The Apple ID is normally an email address. Does the ID/address displayed belong to your nephew and if not who owns that address?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had to called myes nephew
Sorry oncology again
seems like he used his friends I'd he did mention that he didn't hadn't an apple I'd
So, I need to apologize one again and wait for my nephew to get out of school to get more info. He has football practice so it will be around 7-8 pm central time
Thank you and I wil need your help once again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This cell I bought it for him new from sprint but he used his friends apple I'd for some reason. I apologize for wasting your time
That's no problem at all. You are not wasting my time.

However, it's really a fairly simple situation.

If he used his friends ID on the iPhone then he MUST use his friend's password XXXXX unlock it now.

What you are seeing on the iPhone is called "Activation Lock" and it is a security feature. There is no workaround for this as it is to prevent theft of the iPhone. As far as Apple is concerned at this point, the iPhone belongs to your nephew's friend.

Once your nephew unlocks the iPhone with his friend's password XXXXX he needs to make sure to remove all instances of his friend's ID from the iPhone.

Most specifically, he should remove it from Settings > iCloud by deleting the account.

He needs to have an Apple ID of his own in the future or one created by a parent or guardian.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
As you notice already I have no experience at all in this new i devices phone well not even in the old ones. Thank you once again
You are very welcome! If you continue to have additional questions on this issue then don't hesitate to ask.

...and please feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question. I can be reached directly via the following page:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Perfect. I will.